First off, there are two types of fibre: Insoluble and soluble.
Insoluble fibre helps prevent constipation. There types of foods are wheat bran, whole grain breads, flax seed and the skins of vegetables and fruits. Soluables help to lower blood cholesterol and helps slow down the rate that sugar goes into the blood. It is mostly found in oats, barley, psyllium, legumes and some vegetables and fruit.
* Choose whole grains like whole wheat bread instead of white bread
* Eat lots of veggies and fruits with the skin
* Eat legumes like chick peas, beans and lentils
* Have a high fibre cereal for breakfast and don’t forget to add fruit like blueberries or a banana
* High fibre snacks like ground flax seed on yogurt or nuts and seeds will keep you regular.
NOTE: Don’t forget to drink lots of water because it helps your body use the fibre properly.