by Michael Moniz
How do you set expectations in your life?
1. Take a look at what you expect of people in your life and ask yourself, “Do they know my expectations or do I assume they do”?
2. Are your current expectations true to who you are and the results you are looking for? If you’re looking for a relationship, putting “action/sex” in your profile may get you more attention online, but is it getting you the guys you are looking for?
3. Ask yourself, “Do I currently have a realistic expectation for myself?” If you don’t, how can you ask someone else to?
4. Inform people of expectations you have that are truly important to you. Think about it — can you really get mad at someone who plays a board game and loses when you never told him what was expected of him to win?
5. Get rid of expectations that are not truly who you are. Make sure your actions show exactly the person you want to be and what you want out of life. Others will naturally be attracted to you because you are painting a better picture of what you want.
I may have learned this lesson, but I still struggle with the balance now and again. It takes time to make changes in your life and your perspective. No one is perfect. You just have to take responsibility to be the best that you can be. And if you are reading this, I have no doubt you already are.